Acknowledgement and acceptance of terms
sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the personally identifiable information we
www.tribute.co as well as Tribute’s application, widget or gadget for mobile devices (such as
iPhone) and social networks (including but not limited to Facebook Platform or Google OpenSocial)
(each, a "Site"). The Site is not directed to children.
If you do not agree to these terms, please do not access or use this site.
Participating Third Party Policies
The Site may contain links to related services and offerings, including vendor sites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies that can be viewed on their websites or by contacting these third parties directly. Since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of these third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We do not collect information about the specifics of who you are ("Personally Identifiable
Information") unless you specifically provide it to us.
Personal Information Entered by Users:
1. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you register with us, send us email messages, submit forms to us, or provide information to us by any means. When you register, we will request some personal information which may include your name, address, email, telephone number or facsimile number, account number, and may include other relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you. For example, such data may be warranted in order to provide online technical support and troubleshooting.
2. You may also provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us regarding third parties. For instance, when you share your Tribute video with others, you provide and we collect the email addresses of the people with whom you want to share your video.
3. You can log in to our site using Facebook Connect. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
4. Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or other community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
5. If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Tribute stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
6. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
7. We will not sell, trade, or rent Personally Identifiable Information to others. Furthermore, we will not disclose Personally Identifiable Information we collect from you to third parties without your permission, except to the extent necessary:
- To fulfill your service request,
- To protect ourselves from liability,
- To respond to a court order or subpoena, to comply with an investigation, or to comply with applicable laws or rules, or
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
8. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
9. If We Tribute Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
10. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
11. For terms relating to areas of this Site that allow you to communicate and/or submit information on or through the Site, such as bulletin board postings, email, messages, suggestions, ideas, \ photographs, video music, text, drawings, or concepts, please refer to our terms of service.
Technologies such as COOKIES, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Tribute and our marketing
partners, affiliates, analytics, or online customer support provider. These technologies are used in
analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather
demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of
these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. [We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.] -OR- We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this [to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.]
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store [content information and preferences]. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as Flash and HTML 5 to collect and store information. To manage Flash LSOs please click here:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
Accessing Web Account Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that Personally Identifiable Information that we have
on file for you is correct and current. You must update your Personally Identifiable Information
promptly after it changes. You may review this information by sending us an email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed at any
time. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. We will use reasonable efforts to
delete your information; however, because we and our web hosting company have backup systems and
keep track of past transactions and/or activities, it may be impossible to completely delete your
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may, from time to time, send you email regarding our services. In addition, if you indicate upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that may be of interest to you. Only Tribute will send you these direct mailings, and only if you indicated that you are interested in receiving these offers. If you do not want these mailings, you can tell us when you submit or edit your Personally Identifiable Information by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Security of Information
We will keep your Personally Identifiable Information secure consistent with current industry
standards. Security of your Personally Identifiable Information is of utmost concern to us.
Personally Identifiable Information, once transmitted to us, will be stored on computers that only
selected personnel and contractors have access to via password, and/or on web hosting servers
maintained by Amazon Web Services, which employs its own physical and network security measures. In
addition, your Tribute videos and/or content may be stored on Amazon Web Services servers. A copy of
Your Tribute videos and user content are limited-access, where access is gained through an obscured URL system. This obscured URL makes it difficult if not impossible for a third party to guess the URL address of your video or content without an invitation from you including the relevant URL. However, because the videos and content are not password-protected, a possibility exists that an unauthorized third party could discover your videos and/or content. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes to this Statement
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. We have enabled SSL (https) on all our web pages by default. Credit card purchasing and the transmission such information is handled through Shopify. Tribute does not process or store any credit card information. When you checkout to purchase a Tribute, you will be redirected to Shopify and the connection between your browser and their servers will be encrypted. On our site and Shopify’s checkout pages, you can verify that your connection is encrypted by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
EU and Swiss Safe Harbor
Tribute complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this
Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us at:
We Tribute Inc.(firstname.lastname@example.org)
163 N. 6th Apt B14
Brooklyn, NY 11211
This document was last updated on Dec 14, 2015.